- BricsCAD® (Windows) V15 installs and runs independently from previous BricsCAD versions.
- V15 is not binary compatible with V14, some API's have changed. Most 3rd party applications/tools, except scripts and applications written in pure Lisp, will need to be rebuilt by their
manufacturer in order to run on V15. If you are using 3rd party applications, please check with your supplier for V15 compatibility and updates.
- Pro or Platinum license is required for rendering, 3D modeling and Drawing Views.
- Platinum license is required for creation of 3D Constraints, Mechanical Assembly design, Sheet Metal design and BIM design.
- To report problems, please send a Support Request.
- SR51543 - MENUS: when a main cui file contains a WorkspaceRoot but no workspaces in there, this caused a crash on startup
- SR51523, SR51584, SR51668, SR51672, SR51685, SR51771, SR51657, SR51693, SR51583, SR51572, SR51771, SR51772, SR51773, SR51743, SR51751 - DCL LOCALE: A fix for cyrillic characters (for SR49003) caused the dcl engine to change the user locale (Regional settings/Format).
- OFFSET: improved algorithm leads to better performance.
- POLYGON command now supports the use of a dynamic UCS.
- SR34297, SR34298, SR51026 - SVG: added support for export of hyperlinks.
- SR42352 - ANNOTATION SCALE: the Annotation Scale tab on the Status Bar was moved to the left, in between the Model/Paper tab and the Tablet tab.
- SMUNFOLD: command was unstable on imported 3d solid models containing incorrect vertices.
- REFEDIT: command failed on drawings containing 3d constraints or sheet metal features.
- SR33763, SR47862 - OLEFRAME: the value of the OLEFRAME system variable was not correctly applied nor could it be modified.
- SR37326, SR37600, SR50837 - OPEN: user-provided drawings containing faces with zero normals failed to open. Now they can be opened, or repaired using AUDIT.
- SR40891 - CUSTOMIZE DIALOG : when an item is dropped on a submenu or flyout, it is now added as a child, instead of being inserted next to it.
- SR41974, SR47042, SR48525 - PDF: after erasing an attached PDF, an uncaught exception occurred while opening the PDF Underlays tab of the Drawing Explorer.
- SR42235 - DISPLAY: stray images of the Ucs icon were left behind while using the RTPAN command.
- SR42957 - PUBLISH: when publishing sheetsets in the background, fields with sheet properties were not correctly updated.
- SR45286 - QSELECT: Quick Select by 'Mline style' was not supported.
- SR46870 - SHEET SETS Explorer: an unhandled exception occurred when clicking in the 'Include for Publish' check box while editing the 'Number' or 'Title' field.
- SR47239 - ANNOTATION SCALE: the Annotation Scale tab on the Status Bar did not update automatically on changing spaces.
- SR47717 - MULTILEADER: when changing the style of a multileader, its text size did not get changed according to the new style.
- SR48843 - OLE: BricsCAD document OLE objects were not printed in MS Word.
- SR48884, SR51106 - MTEXT: changed height of partial text was not shown in the combo box (only the default height value was).
- SR49367 - LEADERS: annotative leaders were not displayed after a drawing was saved.
- SR50171 - SMUNFOLD: dimensions could be placed incorrectly in specific cases.
- SR50280 - ANGLE: the ANGBASE and ANGDIR variables were ignored for fields displaying an angle value.
- SR50405 - TOOLBARS: icons in nested flyout toolbars were no longer accessible since tear-off feature was introduced.
- SR50605, SR50650 - PURGE: default objects should not be purged.
- SR50610 - LOCALIZATION: VIEWEXPORT and VIEWUPATE global command options were not accepted in translated BricsCAD versions.
- SR50651 - CRASH: a user-provided drawing containing an invalid constraint definition caused BricsCAD to crash.
- SR50698 - VIEWSECTION: moving a section line created with VIEWSECTION caused BricsCAD to crash.
- SR50719 - RTROT: when pressing the close button on the Document Tab, while the RTROT command is running, a runtime error occurred.
- SR50756 - OLE: undesired scaling of OLE object edit has been fixed.
- SR51035 - CUSTOMIZE DIALOG: when a tool from the main cui was dropped into a partial cui section (menu, toolbar, ribbon...)
and then a second tool was dropped on top of that first one, the new item's group was not updated correctly, resulting in an error message "Tool not found in MacroGroup".
- SR51038 - LINETYPES: Xref-dependent complex linetypes were loaded without shapes and text characters.
- LISP: (vl-sort) and (vl-sort-i) functions have been made fully compatible. Performance was improved as well.
- SR25294 - SDS: sds_setfunhelp() now assumes .chm help files, if filename extension is not specified for the help file.
- SR48938 - .NET: a NullReferenceException got thrown when calling LayerStateManager.SaveLayerState
- SR49003 - CYRILLIC DCL : Cyrillic characters (using codepage 1251) were not properly displayed in dcl on a partially Russian system.
The dcl engine did not obey the system locale (regional settings, "Language for non-Unicode programs"), instead it obeyed the user locale (regional settings, "Format").
- SR50557, SR50686, SR50990 - WORKSPACES: when running cuiload/menuload in unattended mode, ribbons/toolbars were not added to workspaces.
- SR50688 - SDS/BRX: improved compatibility for acedEvaluateLisp() - the input
Lisp string can start with space(s) or comments as well.
- SR50855 - UCS: support for custom entities was added to UCS command.
- SR51057 - LISP : (ver) function now reports version 7.0 (was version 6.0 in BricsCAD V14).
- SR26228, SR40828 - LAYERS: it was possible to change the layer of an entity to a layer belonging to an xref. This is incorrect behaviour, and has now been disabled.
- SR45471, SR46713 - CHSPACE: the command CHSPACE failed when using it with annotative entities.
- SR47176, SR47243 - STRETCH: adjusted the STRETCH command for aligned and rotated dimensions, so that they do not break a dimension line (i.e. to not introduce a gap in the dimension line) and avoid a jumping of the text.
- SR47234, SR47384 - MLEADERS: when creating an annotative MLEADER in Paper space, the scale of all MLEADERS using the same style was updated (undesirably).
- SR48195 - ANNOTATIVE MTEXT: insertion point and width of annotative mtext was interpreted differently by Teigha library compared to AutoCAD.
- SR49393 - PLOT: missing ACAD_PLOTSETTINGS dictionary was not automatically created on drawing load - fixed the same problem with ACAD_PLOTSTYLENAME dictionary.
- SR49669, SR50562 - RIBBON SPLIT BUTTONS: the behaviour of "Split with recent" and "Split with recent (static text)" has been swapped.
- SR49940 - MENU ITEMS: disabled menu items appeared as enabled.
- SR50406 - MTEXT EXTERNAL EDITOR: editing MTEXT with Japanese locale ANSI_932 (but possibly others as well) did not work correctly when using an external editor.
- SR50529 - GRIP POINTS: grip points were not displayed for attributes if their layer is OFF.
- SR50640 - TABLE: an unexpected error occured when deleting more than half of a table's rows, starting at the top of the table.
- SR50664 - LOCALIZATION: the string "Select face: " for the command SelectAlignedFaces was not translatable.
- SR50402 - TX/BRX: OdDbPolyline::getPointAtParam() did not verify against negative parameter.
- SR50467 - TX/BRX: OdDbFace::subWorldDraw() should call geometry() not rawGeometry()
- SR50477 - CUSTOM POLYLINES: PEDIT option "Edit Vertex" did not support custom polylines - editing vertices resulted in native polyline entities, rather than preserving the custom entity polyline.
- DRAWING EXPLORER: newly created text styles now inherit the properties from the currently selected text style.
- DYNAMIC UCS: improved choice of X-axis direction.
- BENDING TABLES: it was impossible to specify a global die width taken from the bend table.
- SMUNFOLD: 210, 220 and 230 DXF-codes are avoided now for 2D geometry in the OXY plane, thus simplifying the DXF output for unfolded sheet metal geometry.
- SR42957 - FIELDS: when publishing a sheet set, sheet property fields took their values from the drawing that was active when starting the publishing,
instead of using the values pertaining to the drawing in which they are contained.
NOTE: this has been corrected for publishing 'in foreground', not yet 'in background'.
- SR45111, SR49950 - TOOLPALETTES: Tool Palette Tabs were empty on first run.
- SR47432 - HATCH: separate hatches (created with HPSEPARATE = On) often failed to be associative.
- SR48941 - AUDIT: duplicate names in symbol tables that were created by XREF loading are now reported in recover/audit, instead of just silently fixed upon loading.
- SR49572 - PRINT: an 'unexpected error' message occurred when using a pc3 file that refers to an unavailable printer. Instead the message now informs about the missing printer.
- SR49619 - CUSTOMIZE DIALOG: when using drag-and-drop to reorder newly added toolbar controls, they were undesirably duplicated.
- SR49697 - PDF EXPORT: exported files could trigger error messages upon opening in Acrobat Reader when containing values, e.g. coordinates, which exceed the 32-bit signed integer range (-2^31..2^31-1).
- SR49817 - LINETYPES: Xref-dependent linetypes were not loaded into the host drawing. Regression since Teigha 4.0 update.
- SR49893, SR50135 - WORKSPACES: upon opening of the Customize dialog, if WSAUTOSAVE is On, toolbar positions are now saved to the CUI file to reflect the current situation in the active workspace.
On close, if anything has changed in the active workspace, the CUI file is saved again and toolbars will be reloaded.
- SR49946 - TABLES: clearing of cell overrides failed to clear Text Height and Alignment, making it impossible to change Height or Alignment.
It also was not possible to set cell text justification in certain conditions.
- SR50287 - PERFORMANCE: excess CPU usage while Tips widget was activated has been fixed.
- SR50316 - DYNAMIC BLOCKS: a crash occurred when selecting a detached dynamic block.
- SR50331 - RENDER: downloaded RedWay material definitions are read-only, but in the Material Explorer the impression was given that properties could be modified. Now the unmodifiable properties are disabled.
- SR50333 - RENDER: when rendering 'to window' from the render dialog, if a valid file name was filled in for the "Render to file" option, the output was also (undesirably) written to that file.
- SR50335 - RENDER: for certain RedWay materials, e.g. Aluminium, generation of the Preview in the Drawing Explorer had become very slow since V15.1.14.
- SR50369 - SMFLANGEEDGE: crashed when executed on a very short flange.
- LISP: performance was further improved for some of the (acet-xxx) ExpressTools API functions.
- SR40910, SR49571 - CONTEXT MENU: a crash or endless loop could occur when modifying the context menu using OdEdCommandContext.
- SR49269 - COM: Move() method was not ignored for clipped paperspace viewports.
- SR49738 - BRX: overridden OnClosing() method of DockingWindow was not called.
- SR49763 - Lisp/SDS/BRX: sequence of entities contained in selectionsets created by ssGet("X") or ssGet("A") was opposite (reversed) when created using Lisp compared to sets created using SDS/BRX.
The entity sequence now is uniform regardless the API being used. Please note that applications should avoid to depend on this sequence.
- SR50089 - BRX: following corrections were applied to the Sample application:
- Warning level 3 for Release build.
- no PDB generation for client Release build
- /MP flag was missing in 1 build configuration
- SR49581, SR49939 - IMAGES: suppressed warning "iCCP:cHRM chunk does not match sRGB" that appeared when loading certain corrupt image files, e.g. icons.
The warnings now only appear when QAFLAGS flag 256 has been set.
- SR50196 - CUI: on partial cui load, default positions of floating toolbars were not written to all workspaces.
- SR50360 - Lisp, COM: (vla-HitTest) triggered a runtime error.
- SR50389 - DCL: if the definition did not contain an "edit_width" specification, edit boxes were too narrow (regression since V15.1.14).
- SR50402 - VLAX - BRX : added a guard for negative parameters at OdDbPolyline::getPointAtParam()
- Following fixes were announced in V15.1.14, but they were not included in the release:
- SR49264 - BIM: don't create opening if window's subtractor is not found or if it does not have a planar face on the XY plane.
- SR49793 - SNAP: entity snap cycling using the TAB key was broken. Regression introduced in V15.
- DYNAMIC DIMENSIONS
- Only the dimension that currently has the focus is drawn in a box, boxes are no longer displayed for the other dynamic dimensions to make their display less intrusive/distracting.
- Added degree symbol for angular dimensions to distinguish them from distance dimensions.
- Dynamic dimensions which are purely informative and cannot be modified are displayed using a smaller, boldface font type.
- Improved positioning of dimensions when working near the edge of a view.
- DYNAMIC UCS
- The dynamic UCS is oriented according to the edge by which the cursor 'entered' the hovered face,
thus providing users a way to manipulate the orientation of the DUCS.
The origin of the DUCS is set to the start point of this edge and the X-axis is chosen codirectional to the tangent at the start point of the edge.
- SR49533: improved choice of dynamic ucs orientation for planar faces with a single edge loop, like e.g. circular faces.
- HIGHLIGHT: made highlighted faces easier to spot during use of the PUSHPULL and BIMDRAG commands.
- LINE THICKNESS: improved line thickness display when using an antialiasscreen value of 2 or higher.
- RENDER MATERIAL LIBRARY:
- Added support for user-defined render material definitions,
besides the predefined downloadable Redway high-resolution material definitions.
To copy a user-defined material definition from a drawing to the library,
right-click it in the Drawing Materials list of the Render Materials Browser and choose the "Add material to Library" option from the menu.
A material preview is generated and the material definition is added to the Library Materials list.
- Drag-and-drop now also is supported for the Library Materials list.
If a not-yet-downloaded Redway material is dragged onto a material, the download operation is started and a message is displayed.
On the other hand, if the dragged material is already available in the library, the definition is added to
the current drawing and the material is assigned to the entity onto which it has been dropped.
- Improved scroll speed through material list with thumbnail previews.
- Selecteded item is now scrolled into view when sorting by column.
- Added the possibility to delete material definitions from the library.
- RENDER ENGINE: the RedSDK render engine has been upgraded to V3.5
- RIBBON: the width of ribbon controls has become user-definable.
- SUBTRACT: the blank solids from which tool solids are subtracted, used to become united after the subtract operation, similar to e.g. AutoCAD behavior.
This was found inconvenient so from now on blanks will no longer become united after a subtract operation.
- SR42522, SR44438, SR44693, SR46504 - LAYER Explorer: newly created layers now inherit the properties from the currently selected layer.
- SR45067, SR48480 - SNAP: implemented TANGENT snap for xlines and rays to construct xline/ray tangent to one or two circles.
- SR49697 - PDF EXPORT: strongly improved performance of exporting/publishing hatch entities with a solid pattern type.
- DMEXTRUDE: command produced nothing when called for a separate profile with Unite option.
- FIELDS: not all fields were updated upon a Save, Open or Etransmit operation.
- SR36203 - FIELDS: fields were updated for print/preview but undesirably rolled back afterwards.
- SR40688, SR43480 - ATTRIBUTES: grip points of locked attributes were displayed - they should not be.
- SR42678 - ATTRIBUTES: grip points were not displayed for attributes when the layer of the parent insert was OFF - they should be.
- SR44000, SR49764 - IMAGE CACHE: after renaming image files on disk, the old image content remained displayed.
The up-to-date check of the cache was extended to also check the file size, besides the file modification date.
- SR47294 - BMBOM: formatting of the table was lost on reopening the document.
- SR48032, SR49306, SR49366, SR49600, SR49685 - SNAP: due to a timing issue a crash could occur during snapping and tracking.
- SR48919, SR49210, SR49485 - SAVE/SAVEAS: on Windows 8.1 and Windows 2008 Server BricsCAD could not create files in certain folders despite having sufficient folder access rights.
- SR49107 - DELETETOOL: the DELETETOOL setting was missing in the Settings dialog.
- SR49264 - BIM: don't create opening if window's subtractor is not found or if it does not have a planar face on the XY plane.
- SR49309 - ANNOTATION SCALES: a crash occurred while retrieving the current annotation scale in the drawing.
- SR49367 - ANNOTATIVE LEADERS: after saving a drawing, annotative leaders were no longer displayed. Regression introduced in V15.
- SR49517 - BIMDRAG: when ORTHO mode is on the behavior was incorrect.
- SR49617 - PARAMETRIC COMPONENTS: incorrect parameters were displayed in Mechanical Browser for a new component created by the BMFORM command.
- SR49678 - WORKSPACES:
- When providing empty input for the SaveAs option, the current name will be used.
- Toolbar and controlbar positions are now also saved even if WSAUTOSAVE is Off.
- Delete option: if it's the current workspace being deleted, WSCURRENT will be set to the default workspace (instead of empty)
- SR49679 - WORKSPACES: dockable controlbar positions are now saved/restored in CUI workspace.
- SR49681 - PUBLISH: when publishing to a multi-sheet PDF file, layouts could become duplicated while others went missing. Regression introduced in V15.
- SR49686 - DIMORDINATE: when creating an ordinate dimension in paper space and snapping to an entity in a model space view, the UCS of this view was not taken into account. Regression introduced in V15.
- SR49720 - DUCS: choice of dynamic UCS on a planar 3d solid face did not take the block transformation into account for 3d solids contained in block inserts.
- SR49754 - PROPERTIES BAR: when many entities were selected performance was poor. Regression introduced in V15.
- SR49765 - MLEADER: double-click action could not be controlled for MLEADER entities.
- SR49793 - SNAP: entity snap cycling using the TAB key was broken. Regression introduced in V15.
- SR17585 - EXTRUDE: when extruding curves with ECS (0,0,-1) while the actual coordinate system is WCS (0,0,1) the WCS orientation
did not get priority, that is, the extrusion occurred in the -Z direction. This has been corrected.
- SR26675, SR40749 - LISP/SDS/BRX : ssget(":E", point) selected only 1 entity instead of all entities within aperture.
Interactive selection by ssget(":E") when user specifies the pick point, behaved correctly.
- SR46862 - NOMUTT: setting NOMUTT=1 did not suppress output of command prompts.
- SR47059 - MENUS: the CUILOAD command did not allow to load a partial menu as hidden.
- SR47990 - DCL: corrections were applied for TAB and CURSOR key navigation for DCL radio buttons.
- SR48695, SR49642 - MENUS: when a menu file (mnu or cui) was loaded via lisp on startup (lisp file loaded in on_doc_load.lsp),
a redundant call to load the menus from the current workspace resulted in a wrong menubar.
- SR49711 - DCL: adjusted editbox width to better fit the number of characters specified by the "edit_width" value.
- SR49712 - DCL: missing "focus rectangle" on DCL dialogs has been fixed.
- MTEXT EDITOR: added Paragraph Line Spacing button and dialog.
- PdfImageAntiAlias: new setting to control whether anti-aliasing is applied to images that require upscaling during PDF export.
- SNAP: added support for extension snapping to edges of 3D solids.
- DMPUSHPULL: performance was improved for 3d solids containing a lot of faces parallel to the face being pulled.
- DYNAMIC DIMENSIONS
- Improved algoritm to avoid overlapping, and reduce jumping, of dynamic dimension text boxes.
- Keep angular dimensions in neighborhood of the centre of the angle instead of moving all over the screen.
- WORKSPACES: on workspace switch and on application exit, when WSAUTOSAVE is on,
the controlbar states/positions are now saved to the current workspace section of the CUI file.
Also on workspace switch, the controlbars (palettes) settings of the activated workspace are now loaded from CUI.
This allows to properly store/restore the Ribbon and other controls when switching between workspaces.
Flashing of controlbars during workspace switches has been further reduced.
- SR46110 - PREVIEW: when rendered viewports were involved, calculating a print preview was very slow.
By restricting the resolution of the preview image to the current screen resolution,
preview calculation time was reduced from minutes to seconds.
- SR48809 - DISPLAY: the new GsDeviceType3D setting can be used to restore old behavior for Hidden, Flat and Gouraud shademodes
,that is, it allows to enforce using the OpenGL device instead of RedOpenGL for these shademodes.
- SR49410 - BIMCLASSIFY: improvemed Option strings.
- ANNORESET: command did not consider mtexts/texts as annotative if they were created using an annotative text style.
- an incorrect option was highlighted on the 'Tips' widget in case an option had been changed by entering a keyword.
- 3d solids were incorrectly displayed in dynamics when Taper and Subtract options were combined.
- DMPUSHPULL: all equidistant faces were highlighted as reference faces even if they were located on opposite sides of the face being pulled.
- PRINT: when using the print area Extents option, in perspective mode, print and print preview showed only part of the extents.
- SR32166 - POLYGON: the status bar shows relative coordinates now during POLYGON command when COORDS == 2.
- SR40637 - CHSPACE: dimensions were not properly scaled by the CHSPACE command.
- SR41668 - TEXT HEIGHT: when using a text style with non-zero height in the mtext editor, this height was not applied to the edited text.
- SR43600 - HATCH DISPLAY: holes in solid hatches could be displayed as filled.
- SR43832 - DYNAMIC BLOCKS: changing a lookup parameter produced wrong dynamic block shape.
- SR45048 - PROPERTIES BAR: when changing the "Dim style" property, existing dimension overrides were not cleared,
so the settings of the dimension style were only partially applied.
- SR45612 - MTEXT: the TSPACEFAC variable, which controls the multi-line text line spacing distance measured as a factor of the text height,
was not applied for multi-line mtexts newly created with the default mtext editor.
- SR46132 - POLYGON: the position of the first point, in case a distance is entered instead of a point, has been corrected.
First edge of the polygon now is parallel to the X-axis of the current UCS when the polygon is being created by a macro or script.
- SR46449, SR47182 - ANNOTATIVE MTEXT: fixed cursor size and position when editing annotative mtext.
- SR47220 - CHSPACE: command could not be applied to associative and annotative entities.
- SR47333 - DIMORDINATE: when adding an ordinate dimension in Paper Space and a snap point is on an entity
in MSPACE, it was not taken into account that the UCS can be changed after a viewport was created with the previous UCS.
- SR47661 - DYNAMIC BLOCKS: some dynamic blocks were not listed neither in the Insert dialog nor in Drawing Explorer / Blocks.
- SR48941 - NESTED XREFS: AutoCAD crashed when loading nested Xref files created with BricsCAD due to duplicate names in the Dimension Style symbol table.
Corrupted drawings can be fixed by simply opening and saving them with BricsCAD version V15.1.11 or more recent, or by using the (nested) Recover command in AutoCAD.
This problem was introduced in BricsCAD V15 with the upgrade to Teigha 4.0.
- SR48946 - PASTEORIG: command no longer worked after the source drawing had been closed.
- SR49063 - PLOT: the -PLOT command no longer shows the "Remove hidden lines?" prompt for a model layout.
- SR49073 - XDATA: user-provided drawing containing invalid XData could not be loaded.
- SR49181 - TRIM/EXTEND: introduced use of adaptive tolerance to avoid problems when large coordinates are involved.
- SR49218 - PROPERTIES BAR: it was impossible to change the arrowhead block of a radial dimension via the Properties Bar after the arrowhead block of the dimension had been changed in AutoCAD.
- SR49336 - MECHANICAL BROWSER: right after calling the context menu command components were not highlighted on selection.
- SR49430 - LOCALIZATION: Materials Browser titles were not translatable.
- SR49445 - LOCALIZATION: the "UCS" option in the right-click context menu of the LookFrom control could not be translated.
- LISP: (vla-mirror) ignored MIRRTEXT when mirroring attributes and text entities.
- PlotInterfaceForCOM::plotToDevice(): begin/end events were not symmetric.
- OdPlPlotEngineImpl: added missing begin/end page events.
- publishToPDF: PlotReactor events were missing.
- QUAD: support for custom entities has been added.
- SR36044, SR42616 - BRX: dynamicBlock property "Origin" could not be set via API.
- SR48908 - LISP/SDS/BRX : ssget("A") did only select entities from active layout/space, instead of from any layout/space.
- SR48908 - LISP/SDS/BRX: entmake() did not respect the layout specified by the 410 dxf group code value.
- SR48909 - MODELER: modeler settings assigned by setvar() or directly as command names were not
effective, until Settings dialog was opened and closed.
- SR49015 - EXPLODE: translation of XData references, like 1005, was incorrect after EXPLODE, in
particular scenario (use BLOCK to create a block definition, then INSERT, then EXPLODE)
- SR49283 - PERFORMANCE: time required to add entities to a database, outside the context of a command, has been halved.
- SR49313 - GS marker for TTF text was ignored by GDI device.
- BMFORM: new document created by the BMFORM command now inherits visual style and view setting from the original drawing.
- GET STARTED: dedicated template files per workspace are now used instead of modifying settings on the fly.
- PROPERTIES BAR: performance of Properties panel refreshing was improved in case multiple parametric components are selected.
- SMFLANGESPLIT: correct result is produced in case flange has non-orthogonal side face.
- WORKSPACE SWITCH: flickering of control bars is avoided when switching between workspaces.
- SR48944 - RENDER: AntiAliasRender setting no longer affects the material preview display in the Material Explorer dialog.
- CUSTOMIZE DIALOG: did not allow to create ribbon tabs and panels manually for a new menugroup.
- DMMOVE: dynamic input was not always handled correctly.
- DMUPDATE: parametric components were not recalculated by the command in case DMAUTOUPDATE system variable was Off.
- SMCONVERT: could corrupt the model in case adjacent Flanges and Bends were not tangent to each other in the initial configuration.
- SR47778, SR48881 - TOOLPALETTES: the DIMCLRD (dim line color) and DIMCLRE (ext line color) settings of dimension styles were not correctly applied.
- SR47851, SR48067, SR48122, SR48664, SR48803 - UNDO: the AUTOSNAP and OSMODE system variables were undesirably reset after undo of a dimension text edit.
- SR48996 - HORIZON: display of the horizon background failed with older graphic cards.
- SR49064 - PROPERTIES BAR: Linetype Scale field no longer accepted fractions.
- SR 48551 - RenderMaterialPath
- Improved error message when user tries to download files while RenderMaterialPath
is empty, or not pointing to an existing folder with write permission.
- when RenderMaterialPath is empty when BricsCAD starts up, it is set to the default folder: ..\[ProgramData]\RenderMaterials
- SR48947 - MATERIALS: when copying render materials in the Material Explorer, an unhandled exception was thrown.
- SR48971 - WORKSPACE: when using the new GetStarted dialog, toolbar states were not stored/retrieved in the workspace.
When WSAUTOSAVE setting is On (default), toolbar states were not saved at the end of a BricsCAD session.
- SR48965, SR48973, SR48974, SR49000, SR49006 - Windows XP: BricsCAD V15 could not run on Windows XP x86
- 3D CONSTRAINTS: 'Flip side' context menu option of the Mechanical Browser allows to change the relative placement of constrained entities.
- ASSEMBLY DESIGN:
- PARAMETRIC COMPONENTS:
Parameters defined in a component file can be changed in a higher level assembly maintaining the link to the source component definition.
Parameters can be changed in the Mechanical Browser properties or in the Properties panel when the block reference representing the mechanical component insert is selected.
- SR45715 - BMBOM: columns with new data optionally can be added to the assembly bill of materials table.
New data types of components are Density, Description, Volume, Mass, Parameters.
- SR40213, SR40873, SR40874, SR45716 - DENSITY: material density property for components was added in the Mechanical Browser
- BMMASSPROP: command to calculate mass properties of an entire component or a selected set of bodies/subcomponents,
taking into account the assigned density values - volume, mass, center of gravity, inertia tensor.
- BIM design:
- Instead of creating a set of dedicated BIM primitives like walls, slabs, columns, etc..., each with their own restricted behavior and properties,
we opted for offering maximum flexibility. Any 3D Solid can be used in a BIM model, whether it is created and edited by using existing BricsCAD modeling tools,
new powerful BIM commands, or even imported from 3rd party software or edited by 3rd party tools.
- At any stage one can decide to classify 3D Solid, or other entities, as Building Elements of type Wall, Slab, Column, etc... Classification can be done automatically and manually.
- The automatic classification tool analyzes and classifies entire buildings in a few seconds.
- IFC import/export ensures optimal cooperation with other disciplines and applications.
- Modeling commands:
- BIMDRAG: Main editing tool for 3D Solids which resemble walls and slabs. Geometry of 3D Solids is analyzed on the fly.
Depending on this analysis and on which face is selected, BIMDRAG allows you to easily perform following operations, which can be toggled on the fly by pressing the CTRL key:
- Drag a single face to extend a wall or slab over a distance or to a point in the model.
- Automatically connect to the nearest solid.
- Select any solid(s) to connect to.
- Move an entire wall or slab, specifying the distance relative to any other wall or slab in the model, dragging along faces of connected walls or slabs.
- Modify the thickness of a wall or slab.
- BIMCONNECT: accepts a selection set of 2 solids, and will try to create an L-connection between the two solids.
Press enter to accept the suggested connection or tap the CTRL key to switch to alternative connection types.
This command works for walls and roof slabs, or any other set of 3D Solids for which a connection can be found.
- BIMINSERT: inserts a window or door (see below on windows and doors).
- BIMWINDOWUPDATE: updates the opening made by a window or door in a solid, in case the definition changed in such way that the opening was not correctly updated automatically.
- Windows and Doors:
Windows and Doors are native .dwg files which can be inserted in walls or slabs by the command BIMINSERT.
- Using Dynamic UCS, a window will automatically align with the 3D Solid Face it is inserted on.
- A 3D Solid in the window drawing on a layer named "BIM_SUBTRACT" will be used to automatically create an opening in the wall, keep the window in its position in the wall, and keep the opening associative with the window.
- Optionally, the window drawing can contain 2D symbols.
These 2D symbols will either replace the actual 3D Solid section of the window, or be added with the 3D Solid section, depending on their layer:
symbols on a layer with prefix 'BRX_2D_' will be used to replace the geometry resulting from the actual section,
symbols on a layer with prefix 'BRX_2D+_' will be added to the section result.
Only those 2D entities in a plane parallel to the section plane are considered.
- BIM Classification: At any time, any dwg entity can be classified as a Building Element and get a name and an internal guid (a globally unique identifier).
- Specialized types of Building Element are :
- Wall: applicable to any 3D Solid
- Slab: applicable to any 3D Solid
- Column: applicable to any 3D Solid
- Beam: applicable to any 3D Solid
- Window: applicable to any Block reference
- Door: applicable to any Block reference
- BIMCLASSIFY: this command allows to classify an entity to any of the above elements. Each type is separately available in the Quad when an applicable entity is highlighted.
- Automatic: BIMCLASSIFY has an option to automatically classify a set of entities. Currently automatically classified elements are walls, slabs, windows and doors.
- Unclassify: Any classified element can be unclassified, removing all BIM data from the entity.
- IFC: BIMEXPORT exports the model to a .ifc file containing all 3D geometrical and BIM related data.
Entities which were not classified, or were classified as Building Element, are exported as Building Element Proxy.
Others are exported to the corresponding IFC element.
- CUSTOM ENTITIES: AREA, BREAK, OFFSET, TRIM and EXTEND commands have been extended to support custom entities.
- COPY: added REPEAT option to the copy command, which allows array-like repeat operation.
- DELETETOOL: system variable to control whether 'tool' entities ( subtracted entities ) used during the SUBTRACT command are deleted or retained.
By default tools are deleted.
- DIRECT MODELING:
- DMEXTRUDEMODE: system variable which determines the behavior of the DMEXTRUDE and DMREVOLVE commands when their 'Auto' option is used.
Depending on the DMEXTRUDEMODE, material will be subtracted or added to existing solids depending on the extrusion/revolution direction. Auto is the default option.
- DMEXTRUDE command can now create extrusions with a taper angle using dynamic input or the new 'Taperangle' command option.
- DMEXTRUDE, DMREVOLVE and SMFLANGEBASE commands can now be applied to boundaries detected when the Boundary flag of the new SELECTIONMODES setting is active.
- DOCUMENT TABS:
- The ShowDocTabs setting controls whether a tab is displayed for each opened document.
- The DocTabPosition setting controls whether the tabs are displayed along the top, bottom, left or right side of the graphic window.
- Previously this feature was only available on Linux and Mac versions, now a Windows implementation based on Daniel Marcotte's DocTabs utility has been added.
- DUCS LOCK: the dynamic UCS can be locked/unlocked by tapping the Shift key.
- DYNAMICS: added dynamic dimensions for RECTANGLE, MTEXT, BOX, CYLINDER, SPHERE, AI_SPHERE, WEDGE and CONE commands.
- SR37186, SR37924, SR39544, SR44502, SR44836, SR44972
DYNAMIC BLOCKS now can be edited in-place using following grip types:
- HIDEOBJECTS, ISOLATEOBJECTS and UNISOLATEOBJECTS commands
These commands are controlled by the OBJECTISOLATIONMODE system variable:
- HIDEOBJECTS: hides the selected objects.
- ISOLATEOBJECTS/ISOLATE: hides all but the selected objects.
- UNISOLATEOBJECTS/UNISOLATE/UNHIDE: unhides objects that were hidden.
- 0: hide objects for the current drawing session only.
- 1: hide objects persistently over multiple drawing sessions.
- SR40681, SR45317 - FORMULAS: implemented direct entering of formulas in table cells.
- SR44088, SR45203 - HATCH GRIP EDIT: implemented grip editing for non-associative hatches.
- HORIZON: for perspective views a horizon background is now displayed when no specific view background has been set.
The horizon background is fully configurable through following new settings:
- HorizonBkg_Enable: enables or disables the horizon background. Default = enabled.
- HorizonBkg_GroundHorizon: color of the ground near the horizon.
- HorizonBkg_GroundOrigin: color of the ground near the origin.
- HorizonBkg_SkyHorizon: color of the sky near the horizon.
- HorizonBkg_SkyLow: color of the lower part of the sky.
- HorizonBkg_SkyHigh: color of the higher part of the sky.
- SR22262, SR27499, SR27511, SR33172, SR35812, SR36759, SR36865
LAYERP (Layer Previous) command: undoes the most recent change or set of changes made to layer settings.
- LAYERPMODE: system variable to switch tracking of changes made to layer settings On/Off (for use by the LAYERP command).
- SR40593, SR42743, SR44835, SR46597, SR46740
LAYLOCKFADECTL: system variable to control faded display of locked layers. Not yet supported for rendered display modes.
- REDSDK engine was upgraded from V3.2 to V220.127.116.11
- TEIGHA library was upgraded from V3.9 to V4.0. Teigha V4.0 contains hundreds of fixes and improvements for the processing of dwg files.
- WxWidgets library was upgraded from V2.9 to V3.0.1
- LICENSE MANAGER: added support for IPv6 for network licensing.
- LOOKFROM CONTROL:
- The new LookFrom control can be docked in one of the corners of the graphics window and allows to set the desired view orientation in a fast and intuitive way.
- Detailed configuration possibilities are offered in its right-click menu.
- This control replaces the former LookFrom toolbar.
- MTEXT RULER: allows positioning of indents and tabs in a user-friendly way.
- SR30614, SR30794, SR35898, SR45325, SR47192
- New settings have been added to control whether a warning should appear when attached
files have been modified or when they are missing.
- XNOTIFYTIME: sets the time interval between checks for modified files.
Setting the value to 0 disables checking for modifications.
- XREFNOTIFY: controls whether warnings for missing or modified XREF files are issued.
- IMAGENOTIFY: controls whether warnings for missing or modified image files are issued.
- PDFNOTIFY: controls whether warnings for missing or modified PDF files are issued.
- POLYSOLID command to create wall-shaped solids.
- Separate option: if set, each edge of the base polyline will generate its distinct solid.
- Dynamic option: if set, after entering the base polyline is concluded,
dynamic dimensions are displayed allowing to set the values for height (stored in the PSOLHEIGHT system variable) and width (stored in the PSOLWIDTH system variable).
- Dynamic Justification: tapping the Ctrl key during the end stage of the command will toggle the Justification option between Left, Middle and Right.
- PREVIEWTOPDOWN: this setting had become redundant and was removed.
- ANTIALIASRENDER and ANTIALIASSCREEN system variables control the amount of anti-aliasing ( edge smoothing ) applied during rendering generation and on screen rendered mode display.
Default value is 1, maximum value is 5. Note: high anti-alias values incur a high calculation cost.
- RENDER MATERIAL LIBRARY
- The MATBROWSEROPEN command opens the new render Material Browser, which can be docked next to the drawing display.
It shows an overview of available high-resolution render materials. The MATBROWSERCLOSE command closes the dialog.
- The BricsCAD installer contains only previews of the available materials, clicking the download button will actually download and install the selected materials on your machine.
This approach was chosen to avoid having to download a monolythic 6 GB installer containing the high resolution definitions of 600+ Redway rendering materials,
while for a typical discipline only a small subset of these will effectively be needed.
- The Redway high-resolution material definitions are used exclusively by the Render command. For real-time display, lower-resolution dwg-compatible definitions of the same materials are used.
- A list of material definitions contained in the current drawing is shown in the upper part of the browser.
Assigning rendering materials can be done by simply dragging and dropping them from this list onto the desired entities.
- After a material definition has successfully been downloaded to the local library, the download button next to the material will no longer display, thus indicating the status.
- Use the 'Add material(s) to drawing' option from the right-click menu to add selected materials from your library to the current drawing, thus making them available for assignment to entities.
- A search field allows fast filtering of the list 'as you type'.
- To sort the list, e.g. on 'Downloaded' status, it suffices to click the head of the corresponding column.
- FYI: the library functionality will be extended to also support user-defined render material definitions.
- RIBBON: besides menus and toolbars, BricsCAD now also supports the Ribbon user interface.
It is individually configurable for the 2D Drafting, 3D Modeling, Mechanical and BIM workspaces.
- SELECTION: 4 new commands, available from the Quad in the "Solid/Face Selection" group, allow to select 3d solid faces or 3d solids which are related to an input face:
- SELECTALIGNEDFACES: Selects all faces which are coplanar with the input face.
- SELECTALIGNEDSOLIDS: Selects all solids which have a face which is coplanar with the input face.
- SELECTCONNECTEDFACES: Select all faces which are overlapping with the input face.
- SELECTCONNECTEDSOLIDS: Select all solids which have a face which is overlapping with the input face.
- SELECTIONMODES system variable: controls selection mode of Edges, Faces and Boundaries.
- Edge: if activated, edges of 3d solids can be selected directly, without requiring to hold the Ctrl key down.
- Face: if activated, faces of 3d solids can be selected directly, without requiring to hold the Ctrl key down.
- Boundary: if activated and a closed boundary surrounding the cursor is found, it will become highlighted and selectable.
Only linear geometry, curves and planar faces of 3d solids are taken into account during boundary detection.
- SELECTIONMODES toolbar: shows the status of the Edge, Face and Boundary selection mode flags and allows to toggle them.
- SELECTION of EDGES or FACES by CROSSING WINDOW: pressing the Ctrl key after starting a crossing window selection, toggles between regular selection and edge or face selection.
An icon is displayed at the cursor location indicating when edge- or face-crossing-window selection are active.
- SHEET METAL DESIGN:
- New commands were added to convert 3D solids to valid unfoldable sheet metal parts:
- SMBENDCREATE: converts hard edges (sharp edges between flange faces) into bends.
- SMCONVERT: automatically recognizes flanges and bends in a 3D solid.
- SMDELETE: removes a junction by restoring a hard edge between two flanges; creates a hard edge in place of a bend; removes a flange with all the bends adjacent to it.
The adjacent flanges are extended up to a junction configuration with the flange being deleted.
- SMDISSOLVE: dissolves sheet metal features
- SMFLANGESPLIT: splits a flange along a line drawn on its face.
- SMJUNCTIONCREATE: converts hard edges into junctions.
- SMRELIEFCREATE: makes proper corner and bend reliefs.
Corner reliefs are built on corners which have three or more adjacent flanges. Bend reliefs are built on flange edge start and end.
- SMRETHICKEN: restores the 3D solid model of a sheet metal part by thickening one of its sides (all thickness faces become perpendicular to flange faces).
- BENDING TABLES: global Die width parameter can be set in Mechanical Browser for sheet metal parts with attached bend tables.
This global value is applied to compute the deduction for all bends, which do not have local Die width parameter set.
- CORNER RELIEF: the SMFLANGEEDGE command automatically creates a Corner Relief feature for adjacent edge flanges.
It allows to automatically adopt the size of the square relief to future changes of part thickness and bend radius.
- SMEXPORT2D: exports unfolded representation of a sheet metal body as a 2D profile in .dxf/.dwg file format.
- SMEXPORTOSM: command to export a sheet metal solid to the .osm file format.
- FEATURE DIAGNOSTICS: invalid sheet metal features are automatically marked in red in the Mechanical Browser.
Clicking an invalid feature results in displaying a diagnostic message in the status bar.
- TIPS: the assistant 'Tips' widget reveals options to users.
The assistant widget appears to make sure interesting features do not go unnoticed.
Example: when creating a Polysolid, the widget points out that the justification (Left - Center - Right) can be dynamically toggled using the Ctrl key.
The assistant can be dismissed by clicking the cross in the right top corner of the widget.
Clicking the newly added 'TIPS' field on the Status Bar activates/deactivates the assistant by setting the new TIPS system variable accordingly.
- TRANSPARENCY DEPTH: newly added Visual Style setting - default value is 4.
Increasing the value increases the number of superposed transparent faces through which one can see during onscreen visualization.
When using the Render command to produce an image, the applied transparency depth is 20.
- Added possibility to generate a view corresponding to the current view in Model Space.
- 'Preset' option allows to generate sets of pre-configured Mechanical and Architectural views.
- VIEWDETAIL: command to create a viewport showing a detailed view of a Drawing View created with the VIEWBASE or VIEWSECTION commands.
- Menu-, toolbar- and ribbon settings can now be stored in Workspaces.
- The new 'Get Started' dialog allows to select the initial Workspace when starting BricsCAD.
- A new Workspace Toolbar and Combo control have been added.
- When switching between Workspaces, additional actions can be configured by customizing the On Switch section of the Workspaces.
- WSAUTOSAVE system variable: when switched On, upon switching to another workspace, the toolbar positions of the current workspace are saved in the CUI file.
In BricsCAD, the default value for WSAUTOSAVE is On, so current toolbar positions will be saved and restored after switching.
- XDWGFADECTL: system variable to control faded display of xref drawings. Not yet supported for rendered display modes.
- SR35458, SR39495, SR39955, SR46613
ZOOMWHEEL system variable and command have been added to toggle the direction of zoom operations when scrolling the middle mouse wheel.
SNAP MARKERS: the line weight used to draw snap markers in rendered display modes has been increased to make them easier to read.
SNAP - TK option: the result point of a TK session now is the last acquired tracking point instead of the tracking point that happens to be closest to the cursor when concluding the TK session.
SNAPPING & TRACKING: currently, when a tracking line has been locked by tapping the Shift key, snapped-to points are projected perpendicularly onto the tracking line.
Now the possibility has been added to acquire additional tracking lines and snap to the locations where these intersect with the locked tracking line.
Also new is that it has become possible to snap to the locations where the locked tracking line intersects with other entities.
Similar behavior has been implemented when a direction has been locked by entering an angle in an angular dynamic dimension field.
Before, quite surprisingly, when having locked the angle and then having snapped to some point, the distance from the start point to this snapped point was used as the definition of the length of the new entity.
It was not possible to snap to locations where the locked direction intersected with other entities or tracking lines.
Now, it has become possible to snap to locations where the locked direction intersects with other entities or any acquired tracking lines, and when snapping to a point, it's perpendicular projection onto the locked direction is used to define the length of the new entity.
SOLIDEDIT: the Shell sub-command can now be called from the Quad menu on a face of a 3D solid.
TEAR-OFF TOOLBAR FLYOUTS: any flyout toolbar can now become a separate floating toolbar by simply clicking one of its tools and dragging it away ('tearing it off') from its parent toolbar.
- 2D CONSTRAINTS: reduced use of resources for displaying constraint icons for 2d constraints.
- 3D CONSTRAINTS:
- PARTIAL TRANSFORMATIONS are now supported in direct modeling commands DMMOVE, DMROTATE, DMPUSHPULL:
if the final position can not be reached due to some 3d constraints that would be violated,
the entities are moved to the closest possible position, where all 3D constraints are still satisfied.
- TRANSFORMATIONS: entities moved by commands MOVE, ROTATE and other standard commands now get priority to remain at their new positions upon automatic recalculation of constraints.
- PERFORMANCE of 3d constraints recalculation was improved, especially in cases when only few objects out of many are changed.
- DMDISTANCE3D: distance between center points of two circles can be specified.
TAB can be used to switch the measurement type for circles (between axes or between center points).
- DMRADIUS3D: TAB can be used to switch the measurement mode for a torus (major and minor radii).
- Now also functional when the commandline is closed and commands are displayed on the status bar.
- A flag was added to support autocompletion of preference variables.
- BMFORM: command to simplify the creation of mechanical components with top-down assembly design. The command appears in the Quad menu when multiple solids are selected.
- COPY/PASTE TEXT: clipboard text can now be pasted into a drawing as an Mtext entity. Both formatted (RTF) and unformatted text are supported.
- DIRECT MODELING:
- DMCOPY: command removed, regular COPY can be used instead.
- DMEXTRUDE, DMREVOLVE: the set of command options was extended
- 'Auto' option subtracts or adds material to existing solids depending on the extrusion/revolution direction. Auto is the default option.
- 'Auto Create' option subtracts from existing solids or creates new solid depending on extrusion direction.
- DMEXTRUDE command can now create extrusions with a taper angle using dynamic input or the new 'Taperangle' command option.
- REFERENCE FACES: all faces in the current view, parallel to the face being pulled,
are added to the set of reference faces used by the dynamic dimension that controls the push/pull distance.
The TAB key can be used to switch between reference faces.
- The command is no longer applicable to closed planar contours, DMEXTRUDE and its options should be used instead.
- ORTHOMODE: direct modeling commands now ignore ORTHOMODE system variable to avoid unexpected jumping of 3d geometry.
- DMSELECTEDGES: improved performance.
- DRAWING EXPLORER:
- Columns of grid views like e.g. the Layer Explorer detail view, can now be switched On/Off and repositioned by drag-and-drop.
- Lights: a column was added for Intensity Factor, allowing fast modification of the Intensity Factor of groups of lights.
- Views: the Edit option has been removed from the Background combo box, instead all options can be selected directly now.
- SR44997 - Views: the defaults for solid and gradient background options are now taken from the HomeGradientColor preferences instead of hardcoded.
- DYNAMIC DIMENSIONS:
- Instead of using an arrow or cone shaped dimension block with varying size, a dot with fixed (small) size is now used.
- Improved algorithm used to avoid overlapping dynamic dimensions.
- FIELD EXPRESSIONS: added support for basic formulas imported from Excel tables, e.g. 'SUM(1,5)' to calculate the sum of scalar values, or cells containing scalar values.
- GENERATED VIEWS: the BMGEN* command aliases were removed, Drawing views are generated with VIEWBASE, VIEWSECTION and other related commands.
- GRIP EDIT:
- straight edges of polylines, like the sides of a rectangle, now have an additional grip that allows to move them by grip editing.
- SR42247 - implemented grip editing for PDF underlays.
- added mid-grip for View Section symbol.
- PDF EXPORT:
- Strongly improved resolution and image quality of rendered viewports.
- Further reduced the size of exported pdf files.
- SHX texts are now exported using round joins and caps, thus avoiding protruding 'spikes' e.g. for the 'N' character glyph.
- Polyline arcs are now exported as smooth bezier curves instead of segmented curves.
- PdfImageDpi: new setting to control the minimum resolution applied when resizing exported images.
- PdfRenderDpi: new setting to control the resolution of exported render images.
- PERSPECTIVE ZOOM:
- Zoom Extents functionality has been implemented for perspective views.
- Zoom factor is dynamically corrected to offer a smooth scroll zooming in perspective views.
- Improved calculation of clipping planes to allow closer zoom-in.
- PERSPECTIVE: the button on the perspective toolbar now acts as a toggle and indicates the current mode.
- PRINTING: reimplemented the handling of missing printers. The default printer is no longer used implicitly for printing. The newly introduced 'None' printer device now has its own set of
paper sizes that can be stored in the drawing the same as for any 'real' printer.
If a layout is opened and the stored printer is absent, the printer switches to 'None' while the papersize is maintained.
The missing printer and the previous papersize are now clearly indicated upon opening the Print dialog.
The previous paper size can be saved in the drawing, this is not possible for the previous printer.
- PREVIOUS PAPER SIZE: drawings created by other parties most often have been set up for a printer that is not available in your office.
In such case, BricsCAD resets the printer device to 'None', which results in using the default printer.
The paper size also used to be reset to the default paper size of this default printer. Instead we now show the Previous Paper size,
so the user is informed about the intended paper size and can set a similar size on any of the available printers.
- PROPERTIES BAR: added Elevation property, displayed when no entities are selected.
- SELECTION of EDGES or FACES by CROSSING WINDOW:
- Instead of the TAB key, the Ctrl key is now used to toggle between regular Object selection and Edge or Face selection.
- The initial window selection mode is controlled by the SELECTIONMODES flags. These flags can be set using the Selection Modes toolbar. In the 2D Drafting workspace this toolbar by default is not visible.
- When the active window selection mode is Edge or Face, the new Hotkey Assistant widget will appear (until it is dismissed)
explaining that the Ctrl key can be used to toggle to other selection modes.
- SHEET METAL DESIGN:
- SMFLANGEEDGE: corner reliefs are correctly created for all special cases not supported before.
Dynamic dimensions show internal (bending) angle now in compliance with the way other sheet metal commands are implemented.
- SMUNFOLD: the unfolding algorithm was essentially reworked and improved.
Intersecting features are colored red in unfolding representation and highlighted in the original model.
Incorrect bend faces, which cannot be unfolded, are highlighted.
- EXTENDED TOOLBAR:
- Added a button to start the little-known but very handy TK input option, which allows the use of temporary Tracking points.
- Added status button for OSOPTION flag 1: 'Ignore Hatches'
- Added status button for OSOPTION flag 2: 'Ignore negative Z values when using Dynamic UCS mode'
- Added status button for OSNAPZ: 'Ignore entity snap elevation' which replaces the Z coord of the snapped point with the current value of the ELEVATION variable.
- PARALLEL: the parallel snap marker on a (sub)entity now is only displayed if parallel snapping has not yet been acquired for that entity. Once
parallel snap has been acquired, display of other snap marker types take precedence.
- PRIORITY: the priority between different snap types has been reviewed in order to favor the most likely desired snap type.
- 3D SOLIDS: implemented intersection and parallel snapping for edges of 3d solids.
- DEPTH SORT: when snapping to points that are displayed at the same location on screen,
while they are positioned at different depths, the point positioned at the depth closest to the current elevation plane will be picked.
- OSOPTIONS: added a flag to ignore endpoints of dimension extension lines when snapping (this is a potential source of undesired and unexpected behavior of associative dimensions)
TRACKING POINT MARKERS:
- Root point of polar snapping is used instead of LASTPOINT for creation of additional lastpoint tracking line.
- Avoided that the tracking point marker from which a locked tracking line originates, can be dismissed, thus dismissing the tracking line. To unlock a tracking line, the Shift key should be used.
- Avoided disappearing of tracking point markers after zooming in/out or panning by mouse wheel.
- Parallel snap markers are no longer displayed when a tracking line has been locked: they offer no added value.
SR10322 SR12248 SR12501 SR14215 SR14416 SR14460 SR14687 SR15592 SR22481 SR23130 SR23492 SR24981 SR26109 SR29397 SR30702 SR31757 SR32212 SR34265 SR35017 SR38179 SR38335 SR41999 SR42994 SR43421 SR43543 SR46896 SR47417
XLINE - XRAY: when zooming out or panning, infinite lines are automatically regenerated now.
SR40523 - PROMPTMENU: added a promptmenu flag that allows to hide the prompt menu during selection.
SR42724 - SHEET SET MANAGER: when a DST file is dropped on the application, it is opened in the Sheet Set Explorer.
SR44005 - TEXTUREMAPPATH: added support for multiple paths.
SR45358 - SELECTSIMILAR command:
- Increased size to make them easier to distinguish.
- Avoided disappearing of tracking point markers after zooming in/out or panning by mouse wheel.
- Tracking point markers created during a TT or TK session were made persistent, i.e. they will not disappear when being hovered over.
SR45497 - MENU: improved menu item mnemonics for File menu (H for Chapoo, B for Publish).
SR45598 - PURGE: added possibility to purge empty TEXT and MTEXT.
SR45987 - MTEXT EDITOR: when the mtext editor is started by double-clicking an mtext entity, the initial caret position is set at the double-click position.
SR46682 - CUI EDITOR: moved mleaderstyle tool from Settings to Drawing Explorer toolbox in the 'Available Tools' overview.
SR47055 - MATCHPROP: improved copying of properties between single-line and multi-line text - Text Style, Height and Rotation
SR47921 - FILEOPEN command: always operates on the command line, ignoring the FILEDIA setting.
SR48038 - OVERKILL: now also removes duplicated INSERT entities if they reference a same block, have codirectional normals
and have bounding boxes that are coincident within a given tolerance.
SR48073 - EXPLODE: raster images and wipeouts can be exploded now.
SR48280 - ETRANSMIT: by default, font files are excluded now.
- improved selection of relative entity types.
- improved layer name comparison (use strict comparison instead of unexpected wildcard comparison)
- improved dynamic blocks selection
- 3D CONSTRAINTS
- 3D constraints were lost after SaveAs followed by Undo.
- DMUPDATE command did not recalculate constraints after UNDO when DMAUTOUPDATE was Off
- ARRAY DIALOG: corrected display of negative angles when ANGBASE is different from 0.
- ARRAY PERFORMANCE: when a large number of sheet metal objects were arrayed, performance was lacking.
- BEND TABLES
- A bend table set for the active document was applied to all the documents in the session.
- SR47995: wrong block of bend table was selected due to too low comparison precision.
- LOCALIZATION: error messages related to sheet metal bend tables could not be translated.
- BMOPEN: command crashed when called from Quad menu for unresolved component instance.
- CUI: selecting another main cui file did not reset toolbar positions.
- DIRECT MODELING:
- Dynamic dimensions were drawn incorrectly when using window selection or when a large PICKBOX size was used.
- Dynamics were incorrectly displayed in perspective views.
- AUNITS system variable was not honored by direct modeling commands for the angle value input.
- DMEXTRUDE, DMREVOLVE: material of the 3D solid was not applied correctly to new faces created by these commands.
- DMEXTRUDE, DMREVOLVE: empty 3d solids were left behind in case of complete subtraction of the initial solid.
- DMPUSHPULL, DMFILLET, DMCHAMFER: command line prompts have been corrected.
- DMPUSHPULL: command behaved incorrectly upon entering zero in the dynamic dimension field.
- DRAWING EXPLORER - LIGHTS: very small Intensity Factor values were displayed using scientific notation.
- MATCHPROP: layer overrides related to a viewport were not copied by the MATCHPROP command.
- PDFATTACH command:
- Active UCS was ignored: PDF underlay was placed in WCS XY-plane instead of current UCS XY-plane and the dynamics were incorrectly rotated and scaled.
- when the same pdf was attached a second time, the attachment failed with an error message: 'Not opened for write AcDbPdfDefinition: (EE)'.
- -PDFATTACH ( command line version ) failed if no full path to the file was specified, or if the file extension was not specified.
- PICKBOX: upon opening a new drawing, the pickbox was displayed with a size of 5 pixels - instead it should use the value of the PICKBOX system variable.
- POLYLINE: when using the 'Follow' option, the polyline started from (0,0,0).
- PROPERTIES BAR:
- added missing properties for Angular dimensions: Dimension Line Type, Extension Line Type 1, Extension Line Type 2.
- added missing properties for Diametric dimensions: Extension Line, Extension Line Type, Extension Line Color, Extension Line Lineweight, Extension Line Offset, Extension Line Extension
- PURGE-ON-LOAD: symbol table entries, like e.g. Layers, from erased xrefs were not purged when loading a drawing.
In some cases unreferenced xref block records were not purged either.
- SMUNFOLD: in some cases the unfolded body was placed very far from the cursor.
- SNAP - TK option: when used in combination with dynamic dimensions,
the additional tracking points option 'TK' only could be used while entering the first point for a command, now it can be used for subsequent points as well.
- SR32166 - COORDINATES: when COORDS = 2 the status bar shows relative coordinates now while executing the POLYGON command.
- SR34628 - PDF EXPORT: japanese ttf text from a user-provided drawing was missing in pdf export output.
- SR35259 - HATCH ASSOCIATIVITY: the Hatchgenerateboundary command now creates an association with the created boundary if HPASSOC sysvar is on.
If the hatch was already associated with an entity, the command only makes a boundary around the hatch and does not associate.
- SR35999 - HARDWARE: screws corresponding to DIN 913/914/915/916 were located under "Socket Recess" instead of "Set Screw".
- SR40340, SR46337, SR47294 - BMBOM: settings specified in the table style used by the Bill Of Materials table were ignored.
- SR40331, SR45163 - DELOBJ: the direct modeling commands did not respect the DELOBJ setting.
- SR40771 - TOOLBARS: if a toolbar was docked at the right side of the Properties Bar, it would not remain at the right side upon restarting BricsCAD.
- SR40797 - FILE OPEN DIALOG: hard drives that were hidden using the Microsoft Active Directory Domain Policy, remained visible in BricsCAD dialogs.
- SR40979 - TOOLBARS: if a toolbar was docked at the left or right side, it left an undesired gap on top of it.
- SR41141 - FLATTEN: multi-lines should not be exploded by Flatten in case the current view is perpendicular to the multi-line's plane.
- SR41638 - GEOLOCATION: the wrong time zone was displayed for Indian cities, instead of GMT+5:00 it should be GMT+5:30.
- SR42187 - AUDIT: 3d solids that have no proprietary data (DXF1) are now detected and handled by the AUDIT command.
- SR42386 - PRINT: non-standard print paper size saved in AutoCAD could be interpreted differently in BricsCAD.
- SR42547 - VIEWSECTION: creating a section view on the center line of a round solid failed.
- SR42950 - 3D CONSTRAINTS: large parameter changes broke the model.
- SR43195 - DISPLAY: blocks in a user-provided drawing were not visible after loading the drawing.
- SR43420 - SNAP TK option: fixed calculation of a direct distance from the last entered temporary tracking point.
- SR43537 - FIELDS: formatting was not applied to Field entities if format codes were specified using an external text editor.
- SR43953 - XLINE: depending on the view, xlines contained in blocks were not displayed.
- SR43971, SR44555 - PASTECLIP: when executing PasteClip during a refedit session, entities were pasted into the model (or paper) space instead of appending them to the edited xref.
- SR44325 - ANNOTATION SCALE: Leader entities were visible in all viewports without taking into consideration the current annotation scale.
- SR43537 - FIELDS: formatting of Field text was not preserved if an alternative text editor was used for editing Mtext.
- SR44494 - PROPERTIES BAR: when scales were added/deleted using the SCALELISTEDIT command, while the 'Annotation scale' property's editor in the Properties bar was visible,
the property's choices were not immediately updated.
- SR44589 - VIEWUPDATE: command line messages were not translated.
- SR44601 - MECHANICAL BROWSER: components remained highlighted after opening from Mechanical Browser.
- SR44666 - SNAP: apparent intersection snap failed for entities located at large coordinates.
- SR44721 - HATCH: using BricsCAD x64, construction of an associative hatch failed in a user-provided drawing.
- SR45003 - GRIPOBJLIMIT: CTRL+A should not add grip objects to a selection set if it contains more entities than specified by GRIPOBJLIMIT. This strongly improves performance when working with large selection sets.
- SR45049 - BIGFONT: position, height and width of texts with leading/trailing spaces that use bigfont, were undesirably changed after the texts were updated, e.g. to change the color.
- SR45115 - ATTRIBUTES: attributes that have ACAD_MLATT roundtrip data changed their height after the drawing was saved, closed and reopened.
- SR45175, SR45355 - SECTIONPLANETOBLOCK: layers and line types specified in the section plane settings were not correctly applied.
- SR45414 - VIEWBASE: applying very small custom scales took a long time.
- SR45447 - SNAP: disabled intersection snapping for text, attribute and attribute definition entities.
- SR45517 - XREF ATTACH: the Attach External Reference dialog box did not memorize the path setting (full, relative, no).
- SR45593 - SLIDES: the size of generated slides was too large because they contained unneeded color data.
- SR45800 - MTEXT: width of XXX-Center and XXX-Right aligned mtexts was not properly saved.
- SR45819 - DISPLAY: joints between linear and bulged segments of polylines with global width were not correctly displayed at large coordinates.
- SR45898 - MECHANICAL BROWSER: browser update introduced delays for unrelated operations.
- SR45904 - AUDIT: a drawing containing an invalid non-Null AcDbSequenceEnd object could not be saved. AUDIT and RECOVER have been extended so they can fix such corruption.
- SR45941 - SHEET METAL THICKNESS: the thickness of a flange could be edited, but the component thickness would not change.
- SR45945 - HATCH: fixed construction of a hatch in 'Select boundary entities' mode for a case when there are selected entities which don't form any closed loops (create an open loop from these entities).
- SR46005 - SHEET SETS: if the path to the sheet set drawings contained the Russian 'P' character then such paths was not correctly read from .DST files.
- SR46081 - DIMENSIONS: arrowheads of a dimension were not displayed when switching On the property 'Fit->Dim line inside' (DIMSOXD).
- SR46221 - SMFLANGEEDGE: when parallel edges were selected the command failed.
- SR46255 - SNAP: enabled snapping to drawing view section marker lines.
- SR46536 - GRIPS: sometimes grips of deselected object were not removed.
- SR46558 - STATUS BAR: Quad pane state was not updated after QUADDISPLAY modification in Settings dialog or in statusbar context menu.
- SR46580 - PRINT: fixed crash that could occur when printing multiple 3d viewports.
- SR46584 - PDF EXPORT: a slightly different color palette than for printing was used for PDF export. Now the same color palette is used.
- SR46702 - DISPLAY: when using multiple viewports in model space, lines were not visible when drawing in the second viewport - a regen was required.
- SR46919 - SAVE/LOAD: a user provided drawing failed to load on AutoCAD after being saved in BricsCAD due to a Table style incompatibility.
- SR46966, SR47840 - WMF: exported WMFs were not rendered by some programs (e.g. Paint)
- SR47017 - LAYER OVERRIDES: the layer overrides related to a viewport (vpcolor, vplineweight etc.) were not preserved when a viewport was copied.
- SR47183 - ANNORESET: entities with duplicate annotation contexts cause problems during processing.
To avoid this, when removing an annotion scale, the OBJECTSCALE and ANNORESET commands now also remove all duplicate scales from entities.
- SR47184 - HELIX: in the first prompt message (Number of turns = 3.0 Twist = CCW), the last part, CCW or CW, was not translatable.
- SR47186 - MLEADER: attribute definitions were not copied along when copy/pasting mleader entities.
- SR47260 - DISPLAY: temporary graphics sometimes were not displayed when multiple
drawings were opened at the same time and there was an on_doc_load.lsp script that modified entities.
- SR47283 - LOAD: a user-provided drawing containing a 3D model failed to load with an end-of-file error message.
- SR47326 - RECOVER: a user-provided drawing could not be opened.
The RECOVER command was improved to remove wrong AcDbCellStyleMap items from the dictionary and restore the default AcDbScale in ACAD_SCALELIST dictionary.
After applying recover, the drawing now can be opened.
- SR47431 - HATCH: avoided a crash during calculation of the Area property of a hatch boundary that contains thousands of coincident arcs.
- SR47463 - PRINT/EXPORT: when using hidden shademode during print or export, the color of faces was undesirably influenced by the display background color.
- SR47515 - TABLES: table grid lines visibility undesirably changed after the table is updated.
- SR47551 - DYNAMIC BLOCKS: custom fields in the properties bar were not updated after visibility change.
- SR47651 - ANNOTATIVE BLOCK DISPLAY: when creating an insert of an annotative block definition, the attributes remained invisible.
- SR47683 - AUDIT: Audit test for incorrect proxy object that represents AcDbMLeaderStyle was implemented.
- SR47832 - XREF: conversion of paths to Relative/Absolute/None failed in case only a single xref object was selected in the Xrefs Explorer.
- SR47871 - WMF: exported WMFs were not centered when drawn by some programs (e.g. Word).
- SR47883 - -HATCHEDIT: hatch associativity was lost when using the 'Add boundaries' and 'Remove boundaries' options.
- SR47944 - MTEXT: width of multi-column mtexts was incorrect if reference mtext width (DXF41) and column width (DXF48) are not synchronized.
- SR48049 - JOIN: modified the behavior in order to reverse the normal of a result polyline if its plane is parallel to the XY/YZ/XZ plane but its normal is opposite to the normal of the XY/YZ/XZ plane.
- SR48329 - CRASH: a crash occurred when loading a main drawing and an xref that have an annotation scale with the same name, but different paperUnits or/and drawingUnits.
- SR48365 - UNDO: when undoing the insertion of an OLE object, the UNDO sequence was broken, leading to error messages and incorrect undo behavior.
- SR48439 - CUI: incremented FileVersion of CUI file from 0.3.2.0 to 0.4.0.0
- SR48441 - SELECTION: raster images, wipeouts and OLE objects could not be selected if their frame display was disabled.
- SR48647 - REDSDK error: when there is a rendered viewport and a raster image in paperspace, a REDSDK error could occur when running the SCALE command.
- SR48825, SR48846 - CUI: when loading a (main or partial) cui file, a unique UID will be assigned automatically to menus that don't have a UID yet.
This should fix the fact that such menus were not appearing in the menubar.
- IMPORTANT, BREAKING CHANGE: the PLOT command for model space has been extended in detailed mode with a new option 'shade plot' which allows to print with different visual styles.
This breaks applications that use the plot command-line version to plot model space.
In V14 this feature was available as an extra option 'Extended' at the start of the command, next to the detailed or simple mode. This option 'Extended' has now been removed.
- added the majority of ExpressTools API functions (acet-xxx) to the Lisp engine core.
- added Fast-COM implementation for properties HasAttributes, IsPlanar, IsRational, IsPeriodic, Degree, TagString, PromptString and TextString
- added (vle-aci2rgb) and (vle-rgb2aci)
- added DOSLib analoga
- extended existing property implementations for MLeader and MLeaderStyle objects
- New C++ OPM API:
- Additionally allows to add dedicated properties to OPM/PropertiesManager for the "No Selection" page
to show application and/or document related settings and preferences.
- BRX comprehensive sample code available in \samples\brxSample\dbx\MyOPMExtension.cpp/h
- Supports 'PerInstance' properties.
- Client Callback property ("..." button calls a client handler)
- Editable ComboBox property (edit field of combobox allows to enter
an arbitrary entry, to be processed + added to list by client handler)
- AUTOLOAD: .NET modules can now be loaded using the autoload.rx mechanism.
- SR41008 - LISP: (getfiled) did not ignore flag values equal to, or higher than 256.
- SR42441 - BRX: screen artefacts occurred if AcEdJig::drag() loop was finished by Cancel/Escape.
- SR43507 - .NET: fixed intermittent selection exception in Editor.GetSelection.
- SR44080 - BRX: fixed a timing issue with drawings containing custom objects - when the related BRX was loaded, the proxy objects were not yet resurrected to
valid objects, when the application received its kLoadDwgMsg event; this problem only happened with initial drawing or template drawings.
- SR44343 - .NET: diffuse property of Teigha.DatabaseServices.Material class returned wrong values.
- SR44401 - LISP/SDS/BRX : (entdel), sds_entdel() and acdbEntDel() functions allowed to delete layers, block definitions, and other symbol table entries which were in use.
- SR45234 - COM: IAcadState::IsQuiescent() always returned True, this has been corrected.
- SR45362 - DCL RESIZING: resizing of dcl dialogs can now be controlled in horizontal and vertical direction separately by the attributes fixed_width and fixed_height.
Previously (BricsCAD V8 to V14), when setting either attribute fixed_width or fixed_height to false at dialog level, the dialog could be resized in both directions.
Starting from V15 the horizontal and vertical direction can be controlled separately.
However, the resize mouse pointer (typically an arrow in two directions) is always shows in both directions.
That is OS-level behaviour that cannot be changed in BricsCAD or wxWidgets.
- SR45453 - UNKNOWN COMMAND: the 'unknown command' message now also mentions the command name itself, to provide better feedback for developers.
- SR45630 - LISP: fixed (getstring) function - must always use given input string as plain text, ignoring DIESEL-like input strings.
- SR45700 - .NET: eNoDatabase was thrown when setting the layer for a newly created object.
- SR45728 - VBA, LISP: a timing issue with display initialisation triggered a crash in a specific use case scenario.
- SR46225 - COPY: adjusted COPY command to ignore incorrect result status of AcDbEntity::transformBy(), which can occur with application custom objects.
- SR46271 - CALLBACK: there were missing 'virtual void dragStatus(const AcDb::DragStat status)' callback events on dragged entities, when dragging was started by mouse click
on selected entities, and moving the mouse with left-button pressed.
- SR46348 - XREF: using '~' to bring up file dialog (from LISP command) did not work in -XREF command.
- SR46353 - LISP: the :vlr-beginsave reactor event could cause an exception on Lisp GarbageCollection, since
the COM object instance for databases was not correctly handled.
- SR46405 - OPEN FILE DIALOG: the file open dialog did not behave as a modal dialog, when started from a modeless dialog.
- SR46620 - STRETCH command failed with particular custom entities, which did not override the ::getStretchPoints() virtual function.
- SR46626 - XDATA: XData 1003/1005 handles did not get translated during CopyClip/PasteClip operations - regression since V14.2.12.
- SR46635 - BRX: improved support for BRX application commands using kSession mode flag.
- SR45636 - BRX: fixed incorrect array handling for arrow symbol id of AcDbMLeader.
- SR46684 - COM: when a partial menu (mns/mnu/cui) was loaded via COM, the shortcuts/hotkeys could get lost.
- SR46771 - XDATA: after EXPLODE, 1003/1005 XDATA undesirably was reset.
- SR46830, SR46916 - LISP: some cases of DottedPairs were not correctly transformed into expected resbuf lists, when passing particular lists to Lisp
functions defined in SDS/BRX module.
- SR46942 - LISP/BRX: when multiple drawings were opened by the startup wizard, automatic Lisp code like on_doc_load.lsp was executed *before*
the Lisp interface functions of BRX modules had been registered.
- SR47012 - LISP: improved error reporting in case the (defun) argument list contains the same variable multiple times, i.e. (defun MyFun ( var1 var2 var1 ...) ...)
- SR47101 - BRX: acedEditMTextInteractive() no longer opened the MText editor, but worked in commandline mode.
- SR47120 - DDEDIT: when using Lisp code to start the DDEDIT command for MText entities, the Mtext editor no longer was opened.
It should be opened regardless the context from which the command was started.
- SR47236 - COM : the value of the DoglegLength property of the IAcadMLeader was not properly applied.
- SR47284 - LISP: _UNDO _BACK did not ask for confirmation when used by Lisp (command), when no _mark/_begin/_group was active.
- SR47293 - LISP: (vl-propagate ) could fail to propagate Lisp variables to a drawing opened immediately after closing another drawing.
- SR47325 - AUTOCOMPLETE: after entering 2 characters, which do not match an existing alias or whole command name,
pressing Enter would yield 'Unable to recognize command', also in case the correct command was selected in the suggestion list.
- SR47337 - XDATA: transformation of XData was missing for Shape, MLeader, MPolygon, Table, Underlays, 2dVertex, Helix, Camera, Light, RevolvedSurface.
- SR47368 - COM : the enumeration values used for IAcadMLeader properties TextLeftAttachmentType and TextRightAttachmentType were not compatible.
- SR47507 - BRX: AcDbMline::setStyle was not functioning as expected.
- SR47547 - BRX: OdDbTable::getSubSelection did not return the selection range while the tablemod command was active.
- SR47547 - COM: implemented get/set/has/clear SubSelection methods for Tables.
- SR47570 - DCL FOCUS: If a spacer or image appeared before a radio_button in a dialog,
then clicking the spacer or image selected the radio_button.
This was caused by focus cycling. If the spacer or image was clicked on, it gained focus.
Since a spacer or image cannot sensibly have focus, the focus was then passed along to the next widget
in the focus cycle, being the radio_button. If a radio_button receives focus, it gets selected.
This has been avoided by preventing that a spacer or image can gain focus in the first place.
- SR47673 - OPM: during the initial properties query in the PropertiesPanel initialization for custom entities, the COM wrapper
was not assigned the ObjectId of the entity in query.
- SR48262 - DCL : wrong radio button became checked during dialog initialization.
This program is protected by US and international copyright law as described in the license agreement.
© Menhirs NV. All rights reserved.
nv - Bellevue, 5/201 - 9050 GENT - Belgium